Jing Li is a Research Analyst for the Jacob France Institute. She joined the Institute in 2011 after completing her Master of Public Policy Degree at the Johns Hopkins University. Her main responsibilities include assisting Principal Investigators with literature review, research design, data analysis and visualization, report drafting, presentation crafting and publication edits. Projects that she worked on are in the areas of labor market information, job flows and business dynamics, the longitudinal analysis of administrative data, the interaction between Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Unemployment Insurance (UI), and employment statuses of populations with disabilities in Maryland.
She also serves as the lead business analyst for the Maryland Literacy Works Information System, the adult education information system owned by the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation’s Division of Workforce and Adult Learning. She interfaces and implements business and technical logics for the system in compliance of state and federal reporting requirements, and manages the system according to changes in business rules or technological advances.
- Participated in the U.S. Department of Labor’s three year project Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI).
- Assisted with creating tables, graphs and drafting final reports of Maryland Business Dynamics.
- Assisted with analyzing data, creating tables, graphs and drafting final reports of Maryland job losses and gains during the recession of 2007-2009.
- Compiled reports for the Maryland Department of Human Resource on the interaction between Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Unemployment Insurance (UI).
- Assisted with drafting the report for the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on Employment Profiles for Enrollees in Key Public Mental Health Services.
- Drafted and updated the report for the Maryland Department of Disabilities on the Employment Status of Maryland individuals with disabilities.
- Supplied content and coordinated with web developer to build a WorkStat website for the Maryland Department of Disabilities.